Canadian Camera (ISSN1206-3401) is CAPA’s quarterly magazine. Our 40-plus page publication is a quality glossy magazine containing original work by CAPA members. The magazine is published both in both print and digitally and is mailed to our member’s four times a year. It is one of the benefits of membership in CAPA.
Canadian Camera’s articles, feature excellent photography, and articles written by our members. Each issue features a major theme as well as highlighting Canada’s photography clubs, with competitions and club news. We love to showcase the photography of our members, as well as sharing their skills and knowledge with other CAPA members.
Canadian Camera is published four times per year and is approximately 40 pages in length. Over 1,400 issues are distributed through the membership of 1,200 individual members, 100 plus affiliate member photography clubs, and their 5,000 members across Canada. Canadian Camera magazine reaches deeply into the network of Canadian photographers. Ralph Bridgland is the Editor-in-Chief of Canadian Camera, Joe VanVeenen is the graphic designer, and Kevin McMillan is the advertising manager. The magazine is printed by the Lowe-Martin Group.
Canadian Camera is distributed automatically to CAPA members. Individual copies are available for $9.95 plus postage by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
May, 2019 Update:
High-flying photography is featured in the Summer edition of Canadian Camera magazine. The theme of the upcoming Fall issue is portrait photography. We’re looking for articles featuring tips, tricks and the best gear for everything from studio to outdoor shoots. Please contact editor-in-chief Ralph Bridgland (email@example.com) with story ideas.
Summer 2019’s feature article
is by Lois DeEll, Speed in the Sky.
CAPA members may visit the Member’s only area to view the summer issue online.
Attention CAPA Members:
We need submissions for upcoming issues. Canadian Camera is your magazine! We welcome your story ideas, news items, portfolios and reviews.
We do reserve the right to accept or reject material as we see fit. And we reserve the unrestricted right to edit, crop and comment editorially on all submitted material. We make every effort to achieve a balance of views, subject matter and geographical representation of our members.
Editorial Calendar 2019/2020
- Content Deadline – July 10
- Advertising Deadline – July 30
- Theme – Happy Holidays Photography – Creating festive holiday photographs. Tips and tutorials for photographing the colourful lights of the festive season. Post-processing tips.
Winter 2019 – 2020
- Content Deadline – October 1
- Advertising Deadline – October 30
- Theme – Portrait Photography – Tips and tutorials from studio setup to post-processing techniques.
- Content Deadline – January 10
- Advertising Deadline – January 30
- Theme – Bird Photography – Tips and tutorials on photographing those elusive feathered friends. Best equipment and optimal lenses.