Hello and welcome to this site of the Prairie Zone of the Canadian Association of Photographic Arts. My name is David Thompson Ingoe and I am the director living in Calgary Alberta.
I joined the CAPA organization in January of 2013 and started my journey to becoming a CAPA Certified judge. The person that was doing this job, appointed me an area representative for Southern Alberta in 2015. After the position as director became vacant for a couple of months I began thinking seriously if this would be something for me.
The Prairie Zone includes the three Provinces of Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba and we have CAPA clubs in each of the provinces. Our members are frequently winning in the many CAPA competitions and our member clubs are taking ribbons as well.
The goals of the Zone are:
- To provide support to the photo clubs and individuals to plan and attend photographic events in western Canada.
- To promote the member benefits that CAPA provides
- To provide and expand CAPA in new areas and with Clubs and individual members where clubs are reorganizing or developing.
- April 3, 2018: 41st Annual Orchid Fair Photography Competition – Judging by CAPA member club Images Alberta Camera Club
- June 15-24, 2018: 57th Annual Canadian Photo Salon
The Prairie Zone has five (5) District Representatives that are helping me to manage this territory.
230 Laurent Dr.
Northern Alberta / Southern Alberta
Central Saskatchewan / South Saskatchewan