CAPA Honours are awarded to recognize a high standard of both photographic achievement and photographic service to CAPA. Each year the Honours Committee considers nominations for the following CAPA Honours:
Please complete a CAPA Certificate Application Form and sent it to: Val Davison, CAPA Honours Committee. Your application form should be received two months prior to the presentation date, if possible.
> Click here to download your CAPA Certificate Application Form
Honour awards are presented to the recipient at the AGM, CAPA Conference or by the appropriate Zone Director or his/her designate.
For more details on the CAPA Honours program, or questions about how to nominate someone for a CAPA Honour, please send an email to the Honours Committee Chair at email@example.com
CAPA Certificate Application
CAPA certificates are awarded to individuals, clubs or groups by the Board of Directors for service or contribution to the Association or for membership in the Association:
- The Certificate of Appreciation is available for contributions to the Association;
- The Certificate of Membership is available for businesses and may be requested by individuals; and
- The Certificate of Recognition is available for a club’s contribution to the art of photography by hosting a college or exhibition.
Certificate of Photographic Achievement
Proposal for Honours:
The Maple Leaf award may be applied for by any member of CAPA at any time, who meets the criteria for MCAPA, and is awarded automatically on application, provided satisfactory evidence of achieving the requirements, such as a signed statement from a member of a Camera Club executive, is submitted.
- All other Honours are awarded at the discretion of the Honours Committee
- For Associateship and Fellowship, CAPA members may be proposed by a CAPA member in good standing, or may apply on behalf of themselves.
- Honourary Membership and Honourary Fellowship must be proposed by a CAPA member in good standing, and require approval of the Board of Directors. (By-laws-article xviii, section 6b).
- Associateship and Fellowship – Certificate of Honour
- The Chair of the Honours Committee will receive the proposal/application for Associateship, for Fellowship and for the Certificate of Honour at any time during the year.
- The Chair of the Honours Committee must report to the President at both the Winter and Summer Board meetings, the Committee’s vote on all proposals/applications for Associateship and Fellowship
- The Honours Committee reviews the applications and recommends an Honour Award in accordance with the approved criteria. The President is consulted and the applicants are forwarded to the Board for approval. Applicants are notified of their status by the Honours Committee Chair and a letter of congratulations to the successful recipients is sent by the President and the Committee Chair along with the appropriate Certificate and CAPA Honours Pin.
- Honourary Membership and Honourary Fellowship The President of CAPA may receive applications at any time of year from any CAPA member in good standing. The President will submit the application to the Board at the next board meeting. After the vote, the President will notify the Chair of the Honours committee, and arrange for the Certificate to be prepared and presented when granted.