The Canadian Association for Photographic Art (CAPA) is a national organization of Canadian photography clubs and individual members from Canada and around the world.
The Association operates under a charter from the Federal Government as a non-profit charitable corporation, registration No. 119051415 RR0001. All officers of the Association are elected and are unpaid. Their major interest is to serve Canadian photographers.
Our objectives are:
- To promote the art and science of photography in all its forms throughout Canada and the world, and to further public interest therein
- To encourage and promote participation by its members in photographic exhibitions, circuits, competitions and like endeavors on regional, national, and international level
- To promote the organization and encourage the affiliation of camera clubs, councils, and similar groups
- To promote international, national, and regional exhibitions of photography
- To compile and disseminate information relating to photography in all its forms for the use and benefit of the individual members and the Association’s affiliated or associated groups
- To publish a photographic publication
- To promote and sustain friendly relationships among all photographic organizations throughout the world
- To receive monies, whether as membership fees, contributions, gifts, donations or otherwise, and to expend same for the advancement of the Association and its objects
- To do generally all things that are conducive or incidental to the above objects
Download the latest financial statement here (CAPA members must be logged into their account to view).