The volunteer position of Zone Director for Quebec is vacant. If you are interested in this position, please contact email@example.com
The Zone Director
The Zone director shall direct all regional programs and activities within the Zone.
Shall select, appoint, direct and guide District representatives.
Shall stay attuned to the needs of the Association and the memberships as well as the public interest in photography.
The Zone Director shall participate in the Activities of the National Council and the Board of Directors and fulfill the requirements laid down in the Association’s letters of Patent, the Constitution and by-laws.
- The Zone director shall preside over any meeting, or in his absence appoint a person to preside over the meetings, called for the District Representatives, executive committees and officers.
- Shall initiate plans for the advancement of the Zone activities, its better management, future polices and programs and their direction.
- Shall act as the Zone ultimate spokesperson to Governments, Media and the public at large.
- Shall present awards and medals where Zone competitions or activities require such awards.
- Shall make agendas for all meetings he presides over and send them to all attendees as required.
- Shall send letters of thanks to deserving citizens, guest speakers at CAPA events and any dignitaries as necessary within the zone.
- Make appointments to the position of District representatives and may appoint person(s) to any position within a Zone executive committee as laid down in the by-laws. The Board of Directors must ratify all such appointments.
- The Zone Director shall establish an interest bearing bank account in CAPA name. Such an account shall require 2 (two) signatures, that of the Zone Director and that of one District Representative for any cheque withdrawal. Administrative expenses shall be paid from the above account which holds the zone funds.
- Any expenses which run over available funds from zone resources will be itemized in the annual statement and forwarded to the National Treasurer for reimbursement.
- An annual budget for the projected year shall be prepared by the Zone Director and forwarded to the Treasurer by the 31st of December each year.
- Shall organize Zone activities, such as field trips, seminars, exhibitions, lectures and any other photographic activity which will further interest in the art of photography.
- The Zone Director will make every effort to attend the Board of Directors, National Council, and General membership meetings. If unavailable, he shall make a written submission which will reflect the needs of the Zone and forward it to the President.