Our members range from amateurs to professionals, many of whom are recognised among the best photographers in Canada. Frequently, CAPA members receive international acclaim through their published photographic work, articles and their courses. New photographers can quickly build their skills through interaction with other CAPA members, who will share their experience and techniques.
The Association operates under a charter from the Federal Government as a non-profit charitable corporation, registration No. 119051415 RR0001. All officers of the Association are elected and are unpaid. Their major interest is to serve Canadian photographers.
Download the latest financial summary here (.pdf)
Our objectives are:
- To promote the art and science of photography in all its forms throughout Canada and the world, and to further public interest therein
- To encourage and promote participation by its members in photographic exhibitions, circuits, competitions and like endeavors on regional, national and international level
- To promote the organization and encourage the affiliation of camera clubs, councils and similar groups
- To promote international, national and regional exhibitions of photography
- To compile and disseminate information relating to photography in all its forms for the use and benefit of the individual members and the Association’s affiliated or associated groups
- To publish a photographic publication
- To promote and sustain friendly relationships among all photographic organizations throughout the world
- To receive monies, whether as membership fees, contributions, gifts, donations or otherwise, and to expend same for the advancement of the Association and its objects
- To do generally all things that are conducive or incidental to the above objects