The Canadian Association for Photographic Art (CAPA) is a national organization of Canadian Camera clubs and individual members from Canada and around the world who have a common interest in photography. Our clubs can be found across Canada, all of whom are always eager to welcome new members. We have almost 100 member clubs and over 900 individual CAPA members.
Our members range from amateurs to professionals, many of whom are recognised among the best photographers in Canada. Frequently, CAPA members receive international acclaim through their published photographic work, articles and their courses. New photographers can quickly build their skills through interaction with other CAPA members, who will share their experience and techniques.
Our objectives, at CAPA, are:
- To promote the art and science of photography in all its forms throughout Canada and the world, and to further public interest therein
- To encourage and promote participation by its members in photographic exhibitions, circuits, competitions and like endeavors at regional, national and international levels
- To promote the organization and encourage the affiliation of camera clubs, councils and similar groups
- To promote international, national and regional exhibitions of photography
- To compile and disseminate information relating to photography in all its forms for the use and benefit of its members and the Association’s affiliated or associated groups
- To regularly publish a printed and/or digital photographic publication
- To promote and sustain friendly relationships among all photographic organizations throughout the world
- To receive monies, whether as membership fees, contributions, gifts, donations, bequests or otherwise, and to expend the same for the advancement of the Association and its objectives