- August 14, 2020 Etobicoke Camera Club Virtual Presentations
- Jun 8, 2020 London Camera Club Comes in First in the International Glennie Awards
- May 11, 2020 Ontario Dominates 4 Nations
- Mar 9, 2020 Trillium Photographic Club win in Fine Art
- Mar 9, 2020 Steve Donnelly winner in “My Country Exposition”
- Feb 12, 2020 New Ontario CAPA Judges
- Feb 1, 2020 Virginia Stranaghan
- Jan 31, 2020 Leonie Holmes
- Jan 2, 2020 More London Camera Club Awards
- Dec 9th, 2019 London Camera Club Awards
- Oct 3rd, 2019 Niagara Frontier Regional Camera Clubs seminar
- Jun 4th, 2019: Niagara Region Appointment: Virginia Stranaghan
- Feb 19th, 2019: CanAm Photo Expo
Welcome to the Ontario Zone. We are the home of twenty-six (26) of CAPA’s clubs; 28% of all the CAPA clubs in Canada. In addition we currently have some 341 CAPA “individual” members. Of these members [individuals, Life members, family members, student members, public libraries, and business members] 85% participate in one or more photographic clubs, while the remainder report no local club affiliation
- Provide solid support to CAPA photo clubs and individuals, to plan and engage in photographic activities in the zone;
- Encourage members to take advantage of and enjoy the benefits CAPA provides; and
- Promote and expand CAPA. The Ontario Zone covers Canada’s 2nd largest province, encompassing over 1 mil sq. kms, and traversing two time zones. Ontario is home to thousands of photographers interested in advancing their skills and knowledge, and some seventy-seven (77) photographic clubs; ranging in size from small ones of some 20 members or less, to very large ones with 200+ members. Presently with only 26 of these clubs being CAPA member clubs and just over 341 individual CAPA members there is room to advance CAPA’s services. To provide support to the CAPA clubs and CAPA individual members, and to help us grow, the Ontario zone is divided into several districts; each headed by a District Representative (DR). DRs foster the knowledge of CAPA and further the passion for photography within their district. They communicate directly and work closely with clubs and individuals in their area, and work with the Zone Director as a team to achieve our goals.
Zone Director: Glenn Bloodworth
Born and completing undergraduate education in Winnipeg I did post graduate degrees and have lived and worked in Ottawa, Ontario, since 1971. Since retirement from senior executive careers in the federal public service and the private sector photography has become more than a hobby for me; pursuing a full-time two year Diploma in Photographic Arts & Production at the School of the Photographic Arts: Ottawa (SPAO), and an Honours Certificate in Photography Techniques from Algonquin College. A member of the RA Photography Club of Ottawa for over a decade, I’m presently its Chair as well as Leader of its Fine Art Group. I joined CAPA because I supported its objectives, in particular the promotion of photography as an art form. I believed Canadian photography needs an organization such as CAPA to be a vehicle for the advancement of photography as visual fine art. My personal objective is to encourage CAPA to enhance its efforts in this area.
I am proud that in the last week of June 2017 CAPA’s Canadian Camera Conference was held in Ottawa, building on the 150th anniversary of our country.
Hosted by the RA Photography Club the conference program proved formidable, with 300+ registrants and trade-show attendees. A large number of compliments have come in to the organizers on the high caliber presenters, workshops, and tours. The week also proved a great opportunity to meet CAPA friends and make new ones. The conference ended with two big blasts – the Canada Wild musical and photographic celebration with some 521 in the audience, and the 20 minutes and 17 seconds of fireworks display on Parliament Hill July 1st.
Participation in CAPA’s Ontario Zone at the local, regional, or national levels is an opportunity to profit from a host of events – training workshops, competitions, photo shoots, exchanging ideas, displaying in and touring photo exhibitions, and making new friends, as well contributing to and being part of the enrichment of photography in Canada. We invite you to join our team. And we welcome individuals in the districts noted as “DR opportunity available”. Or if you would like to become more involved at a local, district, or zone level in some other capacity we’d be more than happy to have a discussion with you and explore your interests. We are also looking for individuals or teams to be the Zone Treasurer, a Zone newsletter Editor [could be monthly or quarterly, printed or digital], and a Zone Secretary to enable us to better support DRs and CAPA clubs in Ontario.
Feel free to contact me on any CAPA matters (email@example.com)
Southwestern Ontario – Area 1: DR is Gerry Alger, London, ON. firstname.lastname@example.org. This district encompasses the southern tip of Ontario, including the regions of Sarnia, Leamington (Shooters), Windsor, Port Francis, London, and St. Thomas.
Southwestern Ontario – Area 2: DR is Bill Hall, Kitchener. email@example.com. This district encompasses the regions of Brantford (Brant), Bayfield, Cambridge, Kitchener (GRIPS), Mount Forest, Stratford, Waterloo (Highland Glen), and Woodstock.
Niagara Region: DR is Virginia Stranaghan, Lincoln, ON. firstname.lastname@example.org. This district runs from Hamilton south through to the end of the Niagara peninsula on Lake Ontario. Read More about Virginia
Toronto: DR is Jonathan Ward. email@example.com This district covers greater Toronto, Mississauga, and Oshawa, extending north to Peterborough area.
Belleville – Bancroft: DR opportunity available. This district embraces the Belleville, Bancroft, and Cobourg triangle region.
Kingston Region: DR is Ed Fletcher. firstname.lastname@example.org This district encompasses greater Kingston and the surrounding area north to Sharbot Lake.
Northwestern Ontario: DR opportunity available. This district comprises the greater northeast Ontario region of North Bay – Sudbury.
Eastern Ontario Region: DR opportunity available. This district encompasses the greater Ottawa-Gatineau, Cornwall, and Brockville triangle.
“The Sault” Region: DR opportunity available. We have not been highly active in this area. This is one of our opportunities to grow. Here is a prospective new district we would like to form to boost CAPA efforts in the greater Sault Ste. Marie area.
Western Ontario Region: DR opportunity available. Likewise we have not been active in this area and are would like to create this new district to provide a more concerted focus in the greater Thunder Bay/western Ontario area.