Welcome to the Ontario Zone. We are the home of twenty-six of CAPA’s clubs; 28% of all the CAPA clubs in Canada. In addition we currently have some 341 CAPA individual members. Of these members, individuals, Life members, family members, student members, public libraries, 85% participate in one or more photographic clubs, while the remainder report no local club affiliation.
- Provide solid support to CAPA photo clubs and individuals, to plan and engage in photographic activities in the zone;
- Encourage members to take advantage of and enjoy the benefits CAPA provides; and
- Promote and expand CAPA. The Ontario Zone covers Canada’s 2nd largest province, encompassing over 1 mil sq. kms, and traversing two time zones. Ontario is home to thousands of photographers interested in advancing their skills and knowledge, and some seventy-seven (77) photographic clubs; ranging in size from small ones of some 20 members or less, to very large ones with 200+ members.
Presently with only 26 of these clubs being CAPA member clubs and just over 341 individual CAPA members there is room to advance CAPA’s services.
- To provide support to the CAPA clubs and CAPA individual members, and to help us grow, the Ontario zone is divided into several districts; each headed by a District Representative (DR). DRs foster the knowledge of CAPA and further the passion for photography within their district. They communicate directly and work closely with clubs and individuals in their area, and work with the Zone Director as a team to achieve our goals.
Participation in CAPA’s Ontario Zone at the local, regional, or national levels is an opportunity to profit from a host of events – training workshops, competitions, photo shoots, exchanging ideas, displaying in and touring photo exhibitions, and making new friends, as well contributing to and being part of the enrichment of photography in Canada.
We invite you to join our team. And we welcome individuals in the districts noted as “DR opportunity available”. Or if you would like to become more involved at a local, district, or zone level in some other capacity we’d be more than happy to have a discussion with you and explore your interests.
We are also looking for individuals or teams to be the Zone Treasurer, a Zone newsletter Editor (could be monthly or quarterly, printed or digital), and a Zone Secretary to enable us to better support DRs and CAPA clubs in Ontario.
Contact Glenn Bloodworth at email@example.com
- Dec. 2020, Ontario Zone News
- Nov 2, 2020 Niagara Frontier Regional Camera Club
- Aug 14, 2020 Etobicoke Camera Club Virtual Presentations
- Jun 8, 2020, London Camera Club Comes in First
- May 11, 2020 Ontario Dominates 4 Nations
Southwestern Ontario – Area 1: DR is Gerry Alger, London, ON. firstname.lastname@example.org. This district encompasses the southern tip of Ontario, including the regions of Sarnia, Leamington (Shooters), Windsor, Port Franks, London, and St. Thomas.
Southwestern Ontario – Area 2: DR is Bill Hall, Kitchener. email@example.com. This district encompasses the regions of Brantford (Brant), Bayfield, Cambridge, Kitchener (GRIPS), Mount Forest, Stratford, Waterloo (Highland Glen), and Woodstock.
Niagara Region: DR is Virginia Stranaghan, Lincoln, ON. firstname.lastname@example.org. This district runs from Hamilton south through to the end of the Niagara peninsula on Lake Ontario. Read More about Virginia
Toronto: DR is Jonathan Ward. email@example.com This district covers greater Toronto, Mississauga, and Oshawa, extending north to Peterborough area.
Vacancies for District Representative:
Belleville – Bancroft: DR opportunity available. This district includes the Belleville, Bancroft, and Cobourg triangle region.
Kingston Region: DR is Ed Fletcher. firstname.lastname@example.org This district encompasses greater Kingston and the surrounding area north to Sharbot Lake.
Northwestern Ontario: DR opportunity available. This district comprises the greater northeast Ontario region of North Bay – Sudbury.
Eastern Ontario Region: DR opportunity available. This district encompasses the greater Ottawa-Gatineau, Cornwall, and Brockville triangle.
“The Sault” Region: DR opportunity available. We have not been highly active in this area. This is one of our opportunities to grow. Here is a prospective new district we would like to form to boost CAPA efforts in the greater Sault Ste. Marie area.
Western Ontario Region: DR opportunity available. Likewise we have not been active in this area and are would like to create this new district to provide a more concerted focus in the greater Thunder Bay/western Ontario area.