Approved July 15th, 2019
Your privacy is very important to us. Accordingly, we have developed this Policy so that you understand how we collect, use, communicate and disclose and make use of personal information.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- We will only retain personal information if necessary, for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to members information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- For security purposes, and to maintain service for all users, capacanada.ca website system may use software programs to identify attempts to gain unauthorized access or to damage or misuse the systems of the association’s
- If a potential security threat is recognized, identifying information about the user and the questionable computer actively may be retained and reviewed for security and other law-enforcement-related purposes.
Photo & Video Disclaimer:
- All photographs submitted to capacanada.ca or taken at a CAPA sponsored event, gives CAPA the right to use this image without the expressed written permission of those included within the photograph/video.
- All photographs entering a CAPA competition are subject to the rules of that competition as it relates to image ownership, editing, contents and other modifications.
- Images submitted to a competition are eligible for publication by CAPA on capacanada.ca website, CAPA newsletters and in the Canadian Camera magazine.
- CAPA is permitted to use and reproduce any copyright-protected image for noncommercial purposes such as: exhibitions, publications, promotions and for educational purposes.
- All submitted images continue to be the property of the photographer. If a photographer does not wish to have an image used by CAPA, the photographer may make such a request, but competition eligibility may be affected.
- Any person or organization not affiliated with CAPA may not use, copy, alter or modify CAPA photographs, graphics, videography or other, similar reproductions or recordings without the advance written permission of an authorized designee from CAPA.
- Cookies will be used as follows: to determine if you are logged in or not, remember some of your settings and improve your online experience.
- Cookies are not used to collect any personally identifiable information, collect any sensitive information or pass personally identifiable data to third parties.
- Our site server logs do generate certain kinds on non-identifying site usage data, such as the number of hits and visits to our web pages, plus your IP Address and the type of web browser you use.
- This information is used for internal purposes so that we can improve site content, services and product offerings.
- The statistics that are collected do not contain any personal information and cannot be used to gather such information.
Links to Other Sites:
- The Website has links to other websites whose privacy policies may differ from ours. capacanada.ca is not responsible for the privacy practices of these other websites.