When you join CAPA as a member, your club will be connecting with almost 100 other clubs across Canada representing thousands of photographers. Your club will be kept informed of competitions, shows and conferences that provide instruction and challenge to enable your members to participate and grow in the art of photography.
There are five regional CAPA zones in Canada: Pacific, Prairies, Ontario, Quebec and the Atlantic. Each of these Zones has a Director who is part of the Board of Directors, and represents the best interests of the clubs within that zone. They also liaise with CAPA Member Clubs in their area to ensure a consistency of communications and support.
Here are some of the benefits your club will enjoy as a member of CAPA:
- Your club will receive access to a digital version of our outstanding national magazine Canadian Camera for distribution to your members, plus a few printed copies, depending on the size of your club. This high-quality quarterly publication, available in both digital and print, is full of informative articles, competition winning images, photo trade news, equipment and book reviews and features on members, clubs and their successes.
- As a CAPA member club, you can submit a club profile, your own articles and images for publication in Canadian Camera Magazine, club information and upcoming events in the monthly CAPA Newsletter and on the Club News Page in the website.
- Your club will have an extensive choice of national photographic competitions exclusively for CAPA member clubs
- You can also participate in international events and competitions
- Your club will be listed on the Clubs Page in the CAPA website with a link to your club’s website so potential club members can easily find you.
- Preferred rates on club liability and directors insurance.
Skills and Learning
- Your club may appoint a CAPA Representative. This direct link assures you of timely news of important events and activities in the photographic world and within CAPA
- Club members can build their skills through interaction with other CAPA members, speakers and presenters, who will share their experience and techniques
- Your club will be connected to other CAPA Clubs and photographers with similar interests and activities
- Club members will have the opportunity to learn new skills at CAPA workshops, the national conference, seminars and field trips, and receive special tips and tricks from fellow photographers
Medals and Awards
- Your club will be eligible for CAPA Gold, Silver and Bronze Competition Medals to support club competitions and activities
- You can request a Club Services Medal annually to be presented to one of your distinguished members for service
- You can order special CAPA medals, certificates and ribbons for your club events
Judges and Evaluation
CAPA’s accredited Judging Course is now being offered nationwide. These courses are hosted only by CAPA Member Clubs for the benefit of their members who may wish to become CAPA Trained or Certified Judges. Member Clubs benefit by having access to trained individuals for club competitions. We maintain a list of Trained Judges across Canada which may be used as a resource for club events.
- Your club can request CAPA volunteers who judge competitions within and between clubs and make technical presentations at clubs and photographic events
- You can request help with remote judging events where your members’ images can be evaluated and scored by CAPA Certified Judges across Canada
Join CAPA now to enjoy these benefits and much more.