Scope of Competition
For the purposes of this competition, a portrait is the likeness of a person or a small group of individuals, in which the face(s) and expressions are predominant.
The objective is to display the likeness, personality, and even the mood of the person(s). Focus of a portrait is the person’s face – although the entire body and the background may be included.
Photographers are free to use ambient, flash and/or strobe lighting as they may require.
Portraits of fictional/imaginary individual(s) are not acceptable. However, self-portraitures are permitted.
Submitted portrait can be either colour or monochrome.
Competition Details (click arrow for more details)
- Competition Coordinator – CAPA Director of Competitions – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing Date of Competition – May 4, 2023 at midnight Central Standard Time (Ontario).
- Open To – All paid-up individual CAPA members, CAPA family membership members, youth membership and CAPA life-members.
- CAPA ‘Individual’ Competition for only CAPA Individual members.
- How To Enter Competition – check out our How To Upload Images To CAPA Competition here.
- For this competition, an entrant can submit a maximum of four images. However a maximum of two images can be entered in each theme.
- Only for this competition – CAPA Medals will be awarded for each theme.
- Questions about the scope of the competition and/or the editing criteria should be directed to the Competition Coordinator prior to the closing day of the competition.