Scope of Competition
“The Ontario Landscape“: Images in this competition will reflect the submitter’s interpretation of the Ontario ‘landscape’. There are two sub-themes:
i. the Ontario urban landscape; &
ii. the Ontario natural landscape.
- The ‘urban’ landscape sub-theme encompasses ‘cityscapes’ and ‘rural’ human settlements, and can entail street photography, candid depictions of groups of people, architectural shots, buildings, transportation, etc., as well as documentary and social commentary. It can include long exposure.
- The ‘natural’ landscape sub-theme encompasses earth, water, air, flora, and fauna, and can entail groups of wild or domestic animals & birds, and/or wild or domesticated trees, plants, or flowers, as well as the hand of man, within the frame. Its subject can be the countryside, a rural scene, varying terrain, seascape, waterscape, the night sky, or an astronomical event, etc. It can include long exposure. Note however that the ‘landscape’ is to be the overall or prime subject of the image.
- Both sub-themes focus on the submitter’s interpretation of the Ontario ‘landscape’. Thus, it cannot entail a portraiture photograph such as portrait of a specific person, nor a portrayal of a specific individual animal, bird, fauna, or flora. As such it is to be neither ‘wildlife’ or ‘nature’ photography. Neither can it entail a ‘close-up’, i.e., a tightly cropped shot that shows a single object up close, at significantly more detail than the field of view the human eye usually perceives.
- The competition is open solely to current, paid-up, CAPA individual members resident in CAPA’s Ontario Zone.
- Individuals must indicate the sub-theme into which they are submitting their image. They may submit only one image in each sub-theme, to an overall maximum total of two submissions.
- Eligibility Criteria – All entrants must read, meet, and agree to CAPA’s standard Eligibility Criteria for image submissions. – READ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- Image Editing – Any and all in-camera and post-processing techniques can be employed. This includes combining multiple images and elements into a final image. However, the entrant must have taken each and all components used in the final image. Digital frame, pin-line, borders and mats are also permitted in this competition. Colour, monochrome, duo and multi-tone, and infra-red images will be accepted.
- Closing Date of Competition – March 15, 2022 at midnight Eastern Standard Time (Ontario).
- How To Enter Competition – check out our How To Upload Images To CAPA Competition here.
- Competition Coordinator – Glenn Bloodworth – email@example.com
Questions about the scope of the competition and/or the editing criteria should be directed to the Competition Coordinator prior to the closing day of the competition.