Host a Judging Course
Hosting a CAPA Judging course is only open to CAPA Clubs. If you are a Club considering this, thank you.
The normal class size is at least 30 people*, preferably 40 to make the course viable. Participants in our judging courses are those who want to take the first step in becoming a judge, and by those who want to improve their own photography by learning what judges look for in great photographs.
Your Photography Club (Host Club):
- Appoints a person to work with CAPA to make arrangements to host a course and agree on a suitable date.
- Once confirmed, the host club fills in the online form providing details of the course and CAPA creates the course and online registration.
- Is responsible for securing and paying for a suitable room for the event, and promoting it locally, though CAPA will also promote the course as well.
- Provides the $50 discount code and registration instructions to Host Club members.
- Ensures the room is set up with a screen, tables, a speaker’s podium with light & 2 wireless microphones.
- Arranges for coffee breaks for both morning and afternoon sessions.
- Arranges for a suitable location for lunch, or if one is not available nearby, arranges for a lunch delivery or asks people to bring a lunch along. Course attendees pay for their own lunch.
- Assigns one of your club members to help at reception and be responsible for registering people as they come in on the day of the course.
- Sets up course registration through the CAPA website.
- Pays for the coffee breaks.
- Promotes the course with all clubs nearby to help with attendees.
- Provides our computer and projector – which are profiled to show digital images correctly.
- Provides the CAPA Course manuals for each attendee and all teaching materials.
- Prepares and receives all inquiries, payments, and disbursements for the course through the online registration system.
- Creates and maintains the registration list for the course.
- Prepares certificates for all attendees.
- CAPA individual members $125.00 per person
- Host Club Members $125.00 per person
- Non CAPA Members $175.00 per person
- Current CAPA Certified Judges $75.00 per person
Contact Glenn Bloodworth, Director of the Judging Program at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.