Scope of Competition
Open Theme – can include: abstract, landscape, low light, macro, nature, portrait, still-life, street, wildlife, etc…
Open Editing – All in-camera, on-camera and post-processing techniques are permitted. This includes combining multiple images and elements in a final image. However, all components of the final image must have been taken by the Entrant.
Image can be monochrome or colour or a combination thereof.
Judges will award their scoring based on key elements such as composition, technique and subject matter. However, the judges will have a strong emphasis on the creative message, quality of execution, innovation, and ‘wow’ factor.
Closing Date of Competition – October 30, 2017 at midnight Pacific Standard Time.
Open To – All CAPA individual members and camera clubs associated to CAPA.
Two Parallel Competitions – CAPA Print ‘Individual’ Competition for only CAPA individual members and CAPA Print ‘Club’ Competition for all camera clubs. CAPA members can submit a maximum of 4 prints. Where as camera clubs can submit a maximum of 6 prints but all prints must be from different photographers.
Eligibility Criteria – Prior to submitting any print in this competition, Entrant must first read and comply with the CAPA Eligibility Criteria as well as the details contained within the “How To Enter Competition” below. THE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA CAN BE VIEWED HERE.
How To Enter Competition – For this competition, it is MANDATORY that the following conditions be complied with:
1) minimum size of print is 8” by 10” (or 80 square inches) and a maximum size for the print and mat is 16” x 20.” Mounted and unmounted prints are permitted. Panorama prints are accepted but must be at least 6” high to a maximum of 20” wide. Full edge-to-edge prints are permitted.
2) mat or digital mat are permitted but are limited to a single mat. Mat can be a colour which best compliments the print.
3) identification details must be contained on the reverse upper right hand corner and include: name of title of the image, name of photographer, name of club (if a club submission), address and telephone number.
4) upload a digital copy of the print to the CAPA COMPETITION SUBMISSIONS which is on the COMPETITIONS main menu. Select either “Fall Print Individual” or “Fall Print Club“
NOTE: If you do not see the COMPETITION SUBMISSIONS in the COMPETITIONS dropdown menu then you are not logged into the CAPA website.
Digital Image Specifications:
Dimensions: Maximum horizontal size: 1400 pixels and Maximum vertical size: 1050 pixels
Note: One of the dimensions must be exactly the maximum allowed size and neither dimension may exceed the maximum pixels for that dimension
Maximum filesize: 1.8 MB
Note: Online system will check for the above parameters and if they are not met then your image submission will not be accepted and you will receive a message explaining which parameters are not acceptable.
File naming Convention:
– Filenames of images to be uploaded may ONLY contain letters, digits, spaces, periods(.), underscores(_) or dashes (-)
– No other punctuation is allowed in this filename OR the name of its folder
– May NOT contain the club name or the photographer’s name
– Unrestricted except refrain from using the following characters: ” ‘ .
5) each Entrant must download and complete the Print Competition Form. Form is available here in a Microsoft Word format.
IMPORTANT – Entrants are encouraged to package and ship their prints in a light weight shipping container. Shipping container MUST include:
– a completed Print Competition Form;
– Return Address label to the Entrant;
– sufficient postage or arrangement to cover the returning of the shipping container; and
– the submitted prints.
If the Entrant does not have a shipping container, a generic packing container design is included here.
CRITICAL – Shipping container and prints MUST be received by the Competition Coordinator on or before the closing date and time of this competition.
SPECIAL NOTE – CAPA has a Canada Post Venture Plus (discount shipping parcel) card which Entrants can use to ship their prints for this competition. To obtain details about this card, please contact the Competition Coordinator.
IMPORTANT – Email the Competition Coordinator a copy of the Print Competition Form prior to the closing date of the competition. Competition Coordinator will email back acknowledging the receipt of the submission.
DISCLAIMER – CAPA and the Host Club will take all possible care with all entries but CANNOT assume responsibility for loss or damage during handling, transit, storage or judging.
Hosting Camera Club – Red River Exhibition
Competition Coordinator – Judy Bethman – firstname.lastname@example.org
Selection Of Winning Photos – After the closing date of the Competition, at least three judges will examine all images and assign their scores.
Returning of Prints – Prints will not be returned if there is insufficient postage or pre-paid shipping. The Host Club is not financially responsible for covering any costs for returning shipping container. The Host Club will endeavour to mail all entries back within 3 – 4 weeks of the competition closing date.
Distribution of CAPA Awards And/Or Commercial Prizes – will be coordinated by the CAPA Director of Competitions.
Access To Competition Results
The competition results are usually available 2 to 4 weeks after the closing date of the competition. CAPA Director of Competitions will advise all entrants of the competition results shortly after they are received by the Competition Coordinator.
Posting To Website – To view the winning images – select WINNERS-Individual or WINNERS-Club under the COMPETITIONS main menu. Final competition report is restricted and can only be accessed by logging into the CAPA website. View these reports by selecting COMPETITION REPORTS under the COMPETITIONS main menu.
NOTE: If you cannot see the COMPETITIONS REPORTS then you are not logged into the website.