Judges: Welcome to the Judge’s Rating Form for the Nature Individual Competition. This is our first online judging competition for CAPA. We welcome your comments and feedback on the process. This software has been in use by many clubs for the past couple years so it’s not brand new software.
Click on the button that says “Using the Rating Form” above the section with the images prior to judging.
Here are the rules for the Canada: My Country Competition.
The images are sorted in random order.
After all three judges complete the scoring, we will award placements and might need you to break ties. We will contact you in this eventuality.
We ask that you complete your scoring no later than deadline. After the awards are announced by the CAPA Competition Chair we will send each judge a full report of scores by all three judges so that you can compare your results with the other judges. We will send you a link to view all of the images at your convenience.
It is recommended that when judging, you use a desktop monitor with a minimum resolution of 1920 pixels wide, 32 bit colour.
You have confirmed that your monitor meets these standards and that it has been recently calibrated using a colour calibrating device.
To check that your calibrated monitor is set at the correct brightness and resolution, we provide you with this
standard monitor target image that you can download by clicking on this link.
You should be able to see all of the greyscale boxes, from white to black, the white dress should not be blown out and the colours should look normal. This target image is exactly 1400 x 1050 pixels and includes a 10 pixel wide RED border. If you cannot see the RED border then your monitor will not display the entire images without scroll bars.
In columns of this scoring form, for each image there is a thumbnail and title and the right hand column contains a dropdown option box for your score.
When you click on an image thumbnail, it will open the image in a separate window and you should arrange the two windows so that you can view the entire image within the image window and the scoring form in the other window. The scoring window is flexible and may be narrowed substantially if necessary.
The images are sized at a maximum pixel dimension of 1400 wide and 1050 high. This is the maximum size that they will appear on your monitor. Please do not zoom to enlarge them and ensure there are no scroll bars in the window in which the image appears otherwise you will not be viewing the entire image in that window.
Recommended viewing distance from the monitor is 24″.
- Each “Save All” button saves all unsaved items. A red outline appears around these boxes indicating which images you have changed but not yet saved. It is recommended that you save often (every few images) so that you don’t lose any unsaved entries.
- A small box at the bottom left of your screen keeps track of how many items you have completed.
- You may also sort the images by using any of the available sort buttons at the top of the columns
- Reloading the page will revert it to the original order
- You are able to change your scores until you have completed your scoring form and press the “finished” button
- If you have any images that you have not scored, when you press the “finished” button, it will prompt you to score those images
You are encouraged to sort the images by score and review your assigned scores before clicking ‘finished’