Our objectives Your perks as a CAPA member Join CAPA online Join CAPA offline
The Canadian Association for Photographic Art is a Community of people who share the same passion for photography.
- To promote the Art and Science of Photography in all its forms throughout Canada and the world, and to further public interest therein.
- To encourage and promote participation in photographic exhibitions, circuits, competitions and like endeavors at regional, national and international levels.
- To promote the organization and encourage the affiliation of camera clubs, councils and similar groups.
- To promote international, national and regional exhibitions of photography.
- To compile and disseminate information relating to photography in all its forms, for the use and benefit of our members and the Association’s affiliated or associated groups.
- To publish a printed and/or digital photographic publication regularly.
- To promote and sustain friendly relationships among all photographic organizations throughout the world.
You share our values and want to join us today? Congratulations!
You are still on the fence about joining? That’s totally understandable! We haven’t told you about the perks that you receive as a member of the CAPA Community yet.
Your perks as a CAPA member:
- You are subscribed to our exclusive magazine, Canadian Camera. This high quality publication, with content by CAPA members for CAPA members, is NOT sold on newsstands. It includes current photography tips, great images, travel ideas, book reviews and much more. As a member, you are highly encouraged to submit your work for publication to our Editor-in-Chief.
- You can participate in our various competitions. If your images win, they will be published in the magazine and exhibited on this Website for all to enjoy (please visit our Competitions section for further details).
- You get discounts at both national and regional photo retailers across the country. This includes lower prices on film, paper, chemicals, ink cartridges for your printer, accessories like camera bags and more.
- You also get a discount on the purchase of high quality softwares such as ProShow Gold and ProShow Producer, two superb programs by Photodex for creating slide shows from slides and videos, or Photomatix by HDR Soft, which will enable you to create superb HDR photographs, worthy of a pro.
- You get to create your own photo book at a discounted rate with Blurb Canada.
- You get group rates on home and auto insurance, travel and trip interruption insurance, as well as photographic equipment coverage, through our partnership with Johnson Inc.
- You get special group discounts on extremely popular cruises (book early to reserve your stateroom), as well as photographic events around the country.
We keep all CAPA members in touch with the Canadian photographic community, and we are always looking for new ways to provide you with more value as a member. For example, we offer a national scholarship and have a special education fund to assist you with photographic educational programs.
The money you save, from all of the above, far outweighs the cost of your membership. For example, check how much you can save on your insurance premiums.
Don’t miss out on these opportunities! Subscribe to CAPA now!
Need help with your initial registration or renewal? Please contact the CAPA Membership Chair at email@example.com or at (250) 523-2378.